Affordable Care Act Informational Overview – From the Employees & Employers Eyes – with Kirk Shoen,
Cornell Cooperative Extension
November 20, 2013 2:00pm EST
The new federal health care law called the Affordable Care Act (ACA) will soon change the way that businesses and/or employees will obtain their health insurance. Some employers will be mandated to provide health insurance for their employees. Others may want to offer insurance to assist in employee retention since there will be a tax penalty for any non-insured individuals. To answer concerns regarding how ACA will directly impact you, Cornell Cooperative Extension in partnership with Community Health Advocates is providing this webinar to help answer some of the following questions:
- What does ACA mean for individuals and businesses?
- How do I know what I am supposed to do for my business?
- Who can I talk to if I have issues with finding a plan or purchasing insurance?
- What is the Individual Exchange for sole proprietors and individuals?
- What is the Small Business Health Options (SHOP) Exchange, how does it work and where can I find it?
TARGET AUDIENCE & LEVEL: ALL